The current technology landscape in the federal and commercial sectors is evolving at an unprecedented pace, constantly assimilating new technologies, methodologies and frameworks. Within the federal and commercial organizations, technology strategy is becoming a primary driver for the physical to digital transformation; the analytics that capture mission insights and drive productivity and success; the operationalization of cloud-enabled business models drive innovations and cost efficiencies.
The executive management in the U.S. Federal and commercial sectors are facing multiple challenges including:
- Need to modernize legacy systems, applications and infrastructure
- Ability to adapt to dynamic mission and business requirements by delivering solutions iteratively
- Derive the maximum business value and efficiencies from existing and emerging technology investments and legacy systems integration, while dealing with shrinking budget allocations
- Need to improve technology-enabled business processes, frameworks and program governance
Alethix’s Strategic Consulting Services focuses on strategic guidance and critical decision support for the enterprise decision-making. Our team has expertise in planning and implementing enterprise transformation through application of best practices, management strategies, adoption of proven methods, tools and techniques to enable mission success and enterprise change.
We tailor transformation strategies based on a thorough evaluation and understanding of the organization mission, goals, core competencies, readiness for change, level of commitment to the transformation, available resources and infrastructure. We consider the organization’s process maturity, data management capabilities and level of integration of tools and applications.
- Business and IT Strategy Alignment — Alethix team actively collaborates with the leadership and key stakeholders to provide the necessary guidance in leveraging IT principles and practices to transform business operations and create a sustained competitive edge. Alethix provides business and IT expertise to deliver:
- Holistic evaluation of the organization, including business IT alignment, technology, operations, organization processes and governance
- End-state definition, including target portfolio, infrastructure, governance, program management, architecture, strategic sourcing and staffing models
- Implementation roadmaps and transition plans, from current to desired future state
- Digital Strategy and Innovation — Alethix team defines enterprise digital strategies aligned to business objectives leveraging the latest digital capabilities to produce sustainable competitive advantage. Our team provides a unique combination of business and IT expertise to:
- Establish digital strategy that is adaptive and scalable to new business models and generates value
- Ensure integration of Digital Strategy with existing enterprise business and IT Governance
- Establish Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and Performance Metrics to continually measure the impact on business
- Enterprise Portfolio Rationalization — Our systematic approach to portfolio rationalization helps determine the best option for each IT application or asset analyzed based upon its value. Options include retention, application phase-out, remediation/rewrite and outsourcing. We work with our clients to:
- Establish a quantitative baseline of the efficiency and effectiveness of the current application landscape in order to facilitate critical decisions
- Effect changes in the application portfolio (including retirements and consolidation) for effective alignment to mission objectives
- Provide valuable input to senior management to improve IT organizational effectiveness
- Information Technology Roadmap — Our team collaborates with key client stakeholders to create value and achieve competitive advantage through the optimized alignment of technology with business strategy. We work with our clients to:
- Establish a solution framework that defines future direction, aligns business strategy with technology opportunities, and builds a roadmap towards an integrated enterprise solution
- Provide guidance on architectural standards, design patterns, building enterprise applications, and supporting infrastructure for implementing cloud-based application hosting data storage retrieval and information sharing.
Our team is current providing Strategic Consulting services at the following U.S. Federal agencies:
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Homeland Security
- Food and Drug Administration
Our personnel hold multiple certifications:
- Architecture — Federal Enterprise Architect (FEA), The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
- Project Management — Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Processes — ITIL 2011, Strategic Management Professional (SMP)