SBA Certified 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business
Alethix is an 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business. The SBA 8(a) program enables contractors to receive sole-source contracts, up to a ceiling of $4 million for services. Sole source contracts are usually approved in a matter of days. The 8(a) program benefits our federal clients through mechanisms that ensure quality performance. Because the 8(a) program is a federal mandate, Federal Agencies get credit for the amount of work they issue to an 8(a), Disadvantaged Small Business like ours.
Steps to Sole Source an 8(a) contract to Alethix LLC:
- The Government program manager develops a statement of work, prepares a government estimate, and obtains the necessary funding.
- The Government program manager chooses Alethix LLC to perform the work and submits a procurement request to the agency contracting officer.
- The agency’s contracting officer prepares and submits an “Offering Letter” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SBA processes the Offering Letter and returns it to the agency contracting officer who submits the Statement of Work and Request for Proposal or Quotation to Alethix LLC.
- Alethix LLC submits the proposal response, which is evaluated and negotiated (if necessary) by the Agency.
- The contract is awarded to Alethix LLC.
GSA IT Schedule 70
Indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) multiple award schedule providing direct access to products and IT services.
- Contract Name: General Services Administration (GSA) IT Schedule 70
- Contract Number: GS-35F-443CA
- SIN: 132-51
- Type: Indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) Multiple Award Schedule (MAS)
- User Agencies: All Federal and State
- Contracting Activity: General Services Administration, Federal Supply Service (GSA-FSS)
- Contract Website: https://www.gsaadvantage.gov
The GSA-IT Schedule 70 enables Alethix to offer a diverse range of labor categories to at competitive rates to deliver mission critical Information Technology services. This vehicle’s convenient ordering procedures enable cost effective delivery of IT and telecommunications hardware, software, and professional services to Federal, state and local agencies and activities.
Some of the available services provided by Alethix through the Schedule 70 are as follows:
Technology Architecture and Strategy
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Cyber Security
- Agile IT Governance
Systems Design and Integration
- Agile Software Engineering
- Mobile Application Development
- Identity Credential and Access Management (ICAM)
- Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Business Intelligence
- Data Analytics and Predictive Modeling
- Cloud Computing Architecture
- Continuous Diagnostic and Monitoring
EDWOSB 8(m): Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business
Alethix is a certified EDWOSB. The WOSB Federal Contract Program enables Women-Owned Small Businesses (WOSBs) and Economically Disadvantaged WOSBs (EDWOSBs) like Alethix to compete for federal contracts that are set aside for WOSBs or EDWOSBs. More information can be found on https://www.sba.gov/content/women-owned-small-business-program.
Small Women and Minority-Owned Business
This certification is assigned to qualified businesses from the Virginia Department of Minority Business Enterprise. In 2006 Governor Tim Kaine signed Executive Order 33 in order to enhance business opportunities in the Commonwealth of Virginia for SWaM-certified firms.
SeaPort Enhanced (SeaPort-e)
SeaPort-e Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ)is the Navy’s electronic platform for acquiring support services in 22 functional areas including Engineering, Financial Management, and Program Management for the Virtual SYSCOM (NAVSEA, NAVAIR, NAVSUP, SPAWAR, Strategic Systems Program (SSP), NAVFAC) as well as Commander, Naval Installations (CNI) and the US Marine Corps. SeaPort-e provides a standardized, efficient means of contracting for professional support services for the diverse population of approved businesses. More information can be found at http://www.seaport.navy.mil/
Alethix LLC Team Information
Contract Number: N00178-16-D-8545
Period of Performance: 30 June 2016 through 4 April 2019
Point of Contact: Ganesh Patil, email@example.com
3.5 -System Design Documentation and Technical Data Support
3.6- Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
3.11- Quality Assurance (QA) Support
3.12- Information System (IS) Development, information Assurance (IA) and Information Technology (IT) Support
3.20- Program Support
Alethix LLC is an SBA Certified 8(a) and 8(M) Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) headquartered in Virginia. Alethix has a proven record of accomplishment in successfully providing Information Infrastructure Transformation (IIT) Services for the Department of Homeland Security and other federal clients within National Security, Healthcare, Civilian and DOD. Alethix core capabilities include Architecture and Strategy, System Design and Integration, Enterprise Information Management, and Infrastructure Management. Zones: 2,3
Team Member: Alethix LLC’s team member is Longview International Technology Solutions. LongView International Technology Solutions, Inc. (LongView) provides Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Network operations, Information Assurance, High-Level Program Management, Critical Infrastructure Protection, Electronic Training Support, Advanced Programming Languages, Asset Management, All-Source Intelligence Collection and Analysis, Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) Collection and Analysis, and Human Intelligence (HUMINT) Targeting the Federal Healthcare sector, Homeland Security, and the Intelligence Community. Zones:2,3,5,6
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Alethix’s innovative management approach to quality assurance and control is an integral part of our mission to harness the collective attributes, skills, and experience of our team working in support of the SeaPort-e contract. Alethix’s Quality Management System (QMS) is predicated upon the use of outcome and output measures as well as process metrics. Outcome measures compare a program result or activity to its intended purpose. We define outcome as a statement of the Navy’s expectation of the mission-related results Alethix will provide in a particular area.
Alethix’s output measures provide the immediate result of a value-added process or activity and are expressed in quantitative or qualitative terms. Output measures define the Navy’s quality requirements and expectations and are provided for Alethix’s use as direct inputs into our Quality Control (QC) system.
Quality requirements are captured as part of the management lifecycle and are implemented into the general production schedule. Alethix evaluates deliverables and determines quality control processes and actions necessary to ensure high quality services. These processes are captured in our project and task management planning process. As Alethix schedules individual tasks, an integrated master schedule is created to delineate the inspector for the final product. The schedule of activities identifies the quality control activities, assigns responsibilities for these inspections and tests and specifies the reporting format. After the capture and analysis of the results, Alethix identifies any deficient activities and processes and takes the appropriate actions to correct them. Corrective actions may include additional training, improved process, better communications and/or more management scrutiny. Following resolution, the lessons learned are incorporated into the QCP for future actions. The foundation of Alethix’s Quality Management Program is based on Prevention rather than correction. Every step possible is taken to avert errors, omissions, discrepancies, and deficiencies. Alethix’s goal is to achieve the highest quality standards at the most efficient and economical level consistent with the project’s goals and objectives.
- Department Homeland Security (DHS) Enterprise Acquisition Gateway for Leading-Edge Solutions II (EAGLE II)
- Department Homeland Security (DHS) Technical, Acquisition and Business Support Services (TABSS)
- Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Tools and Continuous Monitoring as a Service (CMaaS)
- NIH Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center (NITAAC) Chief Information Officers – Solutions and Partners 3 (CIO-SP3)
- Veterans Affairs Transformation Twenty-One Total Technology NextGen (VA T4 NG)